On March 27th, 2021, Troop TX-0147 is hosting the 3rd Annual Trail Life USA Grand Prix for all Trail Life USA troops who wish to participate, boys and adults alike! While only registered Trailmen and Adults can compete in the race day speed and design competitions, this event is open to all family members who would like to attend and cheer on their favorite Trailman.
Trophies will be awarded in two areas: Speed and Design. The competition will be divided into three leagues:
- Dragsters (Woodlands Trail)
- Hot Rods (Navigators & Adventurers)
- Outlaws (Adults)
- NOTE: 3D-printed card are allowed, as long as they conform to the existing design and weight regulations.
We are also offering a workshop build day on the Saturday before, March 20th, with power tools and adult-supervision for the belt-sander and band saw. We will also have a limited number of extra wood derby car kits that you may purchase if needed. (Note: Use BSA/Awana licensed kits -or- your own 3D printed model)
- March 20th, 2021: Workshop/Build Day (9am-Noon)
- March 27th, 2021: RACE DAY! (9am-Noon)
- All events will take place at The Park Christian Community Church at 2701 N Town E Blvd, Mesquite, TX 75150 (Google MAP Link)
We recommend you arrive a little early if possible, on Race Day in order to complete the official check-in process as all racers must be weighed-in and on the staging table before our opening ceremonies begin. Besides, we’ll have refreshments too, so come enjoy!
COST & REGISTRATION: troopdallas.square.site
- Early-Bird: January 30th – March 26th @ $5 per racer (on this website)
- Day-Of: March 28th @ $10 per racer (at the door, in person)
Note: You can still register in-person on race day as long as your car is checked in by 9:45am.