- We are selling boxes of “30 cards for $30!” These are substantial organizer boxes filled with high-quality, embellished greeting cards.
- 5 box types: https://youtu.be/WW7CcHPHXkw
- All Occasion Box 1 & 2 include a variety such as birthday, anniversary, baby shower, etc.
- Thanks & Blanks include 16 Thank You Cards and 14 Blank Cards.
- Kids Birthday Box has 30 birthday cards just for kids.
- Holiday Cards Box has *50 cards for $30* and include 12 Christmas and 38 others such as Mother’s/Father’s Day, Thanksgiving, etc.
- Please collect payment upon recording the pre-order and mark which payment method was used (cash, check, or online/card). Go ahead and record donations as well as card sales on your sheet for record-keeping purposes, so you can check your check/cash balance accurately.
- Make checks payable to “The Park”.
- The troop profit is approximately 50% of sales PLUS any donations!
- There are PRIZES for the top 3 sellers as well as a Prize Catalog that everyone gets to order from based on how many boxes they sold. (1 point earned for each box sold AND each $15 donated)
- Boxes sold to local customers will be distributed to each Trailman to hand-deliver after the fundraiser is complete.
- Sep. 19: Kick-off and distribute fundraiser packets/prize catalogs. Contact Troopmaster Roberts if you were absent and would like to arrange pick up.
- Oct. 3: Collection Day #1 – Please bring your binder with any payments that have been collected so far.
- Oct. 10: Collection Day #2 – Please bring your binder with any payments that have been collected so far.
- Oct. 17: Final Collection Day Deadline – Please bring ALL order forms, payments, and prize catalog selections and return fundraiser binders. If you are unable to attend, please call/text Troopmaster Roberts to arrange a drop-off time prior to 10/16.
- Oct. 26: Card boxes ordered
- Nov. 7: Card boxes sorted and given to Trailmen to deliver.
- Delivery Date: You may inform customers that we will hand-deliver or ship boxes (and send tracking numbers) by Thanksgiving.
Goal: 300 Boxes!
We are requesting that each Trailman sells *at least* 10 boxes. Hitting this goal would cover normal troop costs, including paying the campsite fees, subsidizing uniform costs, Court of Honor awards/advancements, etc. Each Trailman needs to sell 5 boxes or more in order to waive troop dues for that Trailman. *Note*: If your family chooses not to participate in the fundraiser, troop dues for the year are $75 per Trailman.
https://troopdallas.com/fundraiser/ We have created a fundraiser sales website for online sales. We *are not* offering any shipment options this year. There is a required text box for your customer to fill in the Trailman’s name, so that they can receive credit for those sales. You may also write down the sale in your binder noting “Website” as the payment method. If you or a customer runs into problems using the ShareFaith ordering software, please let us know ASAP.
Graphics & Printable Resources: CFAC Google Drive
This drive has printable order forms as well as all the other sheets which are included in your binder (cover page, card details, etc) AND two different options for QR card flyers which can be customized with your Trailman’s name and passed out to customers who are interested in TL and/or the fundraiser but may prefer to check it out later. There are also graphics about the fundraiser and our troop which may be printed and/or used for sharing online. https://bit.ly/CFACtroopdallas
- Wear your uniform, be polite, and keep it short.
- Have your Trailman learn some general info about the boxes/fundraiser and practice his *short* sales pitch several times, so that he’s comfortable doing most of the talking. It’s much harder to resist a kid selling than an adult. If you don’t have one and would like to borrow a TLUSA shirt for use during fundraising, let us know.
- Here’s a video of Kevin and Owen doing their sales pitch a couple years ago!
- Keep good records. *Please* write down every single time the payment method, so that it is easier to go back later and figure out any problems. Count your funds regularly (each day of fundraising) if possible to make sure you have the right amount of money.
- If you can, take a couple $5s and $10s with you to make change at the beginning. Remember how much you added, so that you can return that cash to your wallet later.
- Make phone call sales!
- You may choose to share the Troop’s social media post(s) about the fundraiser on your personal timeline, which is great. We also encourage you to reach out individually to friends and family (in-person, call, text, personal message, etc) as well rather than JUST posting on social media, since a personal touch is typically much more effective. Creating sales/thank you videos of your Trailman is always a big hit!
- We have found that as a general rule, it takes about an hour to canvas a city block (up one side of the street and back on the other side). Most of the time if someone answers the door, they will either donate or buy a box. *Note*: Please follow any solicitation rules in your neighborhood.
- Safety recommendations for selling in person
- Accept contactless credit card payments using QR Codes!
- On the cover page of your binder, you will see a QR code at the bottom right. A customer can scan that QR code using their smartphone, tap on the link, and go straight to the purchasing page for the fundraiser. Practice the process on your own phone.
- They will not need to create a login; the ShareFaith checkout form is secured using https, and will require them to fill out their contact info, the Trailman’s name who is selling (speak your name clearly, so that you receive credit), and payment info. If you are selling to a stranger, please stay with them to answer any questions about the process, verify that payment is complete, and then write down their info on your order sheet.
- You may also use the printed QR code sheets with your Trailman’s name to leave with a customer who is interested in Trail Life and/or the fundraiser but may be busy when you knock on the door. Those orders WILL be attributed to your Trailman/family, even if you don’t write them down on your sheet (we will add the info to your sheet for delivery purposes).
- Any orders for which payment cannot be verified will not be counted towards sales credits for prizes, and the troop *will not* order those boxes for delivery.
- If a phone is having trouble with a QR code through the sheet protector, you may text them the troop website link: https://troopdallas.com/fundraiser/
- *Never* enter a stranger’s home, and do not let them take your binder/payments with them inside to fill out the information. Our family has found that in most cases, it is best for us to write down the information (name miss-spellings are totally fine, the MOST important pieces of info are the address, box types/total quantity, and how/if they paid) rather than handing the binder to the customer.
- Accept contactless credit card payments using QR Codes!
- If you have several friends/family members who live in the same out-of-town area, consider taking orders from that group to hand-deliver at a later date when you see them rather than having them pay shipping costs. For instance, our extended family and another AHG family have a large concentration in Houston, so we usually send a shipment back with a relative who visits at Thanksgiving.
Specific Prize Selection Info
- Prize Catalog Link
- Robot Fidget – You are able to reposition this fidget as well as spin it. You can even stack multiple fidgets while they are spinning!
- TLUSA Water Bottle – Made of aluminum with a twist top and carabiner.
- Camping Notepad – These come in a set of multiples with various designs. 1 point earns 1 notepad.
- Glow Critter – This will come with two bugs and four mini light sticks.
- Troop Pizza Party Ticket – 10 points will earn one Trailman’s entry ticket into a celebratory pizza party. The date will be determined based on availability of those who choose this prize item.
- TLUSA Stickers – Unlike last year, the only sticker pack that is still available is the WT stickers as shown in the prize catalog.
- Super Neck Cooler – This is a rechargeable neck fan.
- Camo Drawstring Backpack – This is NOT the same smallish cinch sack as last year. This is a standard drawstring backpack.
- TLUSA Wicking T-shirt – A short-sleeved wicking t-shirt will be ordered based on a Trailman’s current level (unless they are within a year of moving up, and we’ll ask for their preference on which level they’d like to receive).
- FYI, Trailmen are absolutely allowed to choose a prize from the AHG Prize Catalog if he’d prefer! (A handful of prizes are the same, but most are different.)
- If you have questions about a specific prize, email or call me. 😉
We are asking all troop families to pray diligently for health/safety during the fundraiser and that the Lord would bless our troop through the efforts of our Trailmen!